Tuesday, January 1

New Year Resolutions - 2008

A little off topic, but here are my resolutions for the year:

  • Drop Sixteen Pounds by April 1- just before hunting season '07, I weighed in at 166#. This morning I'm 180#. I have this really cool Navy Seals exercise and diet plan that worked very well for me a few years ago. I'll begin that plan again to help reach this goal.
  • Payoff the MBNA Visa Card- I have a few more months at the intro rate of 1.49%, then it will adjust to prime +. The balance is right around $7k (I intentionally charged some big ticket expenses and purchases instead of taking the money out of a high yielding money market account, of which I will do when the rate on the credit card adjusts.)
  • Sell the boat- not the little fishing boat, but the run about. On top of being expensive to insure and maintain, the price of gasoline is becoming quite prohibitive. The only problem with selling it now is I'll be taking a bath in losses because I'll need to price it low enough to attract a buyer. The boat, although in extremely good condition, is 20 years old this year. This 23' Regal Valenti runs like a top, powered by a 7.4 liter Mercruiser. I've owned it now for 4 years and loved almost every minute with it! In case you or somebody you know wants to buy it, I'll email you pictures! It has a brand new 2006 Venture Trailer that can go with it, if the price is right!
  • Read a book a week- right now I'm finishing up Rudy Giuliani's biography (not that I'm a fan or anything, just reading the book). Next in line will be Tim Ferriss' 4 Hour Work Week or Lee Iaccoca's latest.
  • Work 4 hours per week!
  • Stay within the budget!
  • Continue to grow my business- will be adding a few new services to include tax prep and plastic card POS processing.
  • Visit Graceland






0 Comments: