The 141st Carnival of Personal Finance is hosted by the Broke Grad Student. There were many, many, excellent posts! Here are few of my favorites.
- Five advantages and disadvantages to online banking by Money Mythos- just what it says!
- Reduce and eliminate ATM Fees at Green Panda Treehouse. According to GPT, over $4.5 billion in ATM fees went from our pockets to the bank. I'm all for keeping this cha-ching!
- Top 10 Tips for Getting Your First Mortgage over at the Finance Blog. Some good advise. I agree that there isn't any harm in waiting. Time is usually on your side.
- The importance of renters insurance, and why you need it at the Moneycrashers. Extremely valuable! Unless you have nothing of value that could be stolen or burned in a fire, then you need it!
- Tips for entering sweepstakes and getting free stuff offered by the Baglady. You can't win if you don't play!
- How to put together a budget with irregular income. Another post at the Moneycrashers!
- Budgeting- An easier, smarter way by Prime time money. I like the idea, focus on what you need to change, not what is working the way you planned.
- The Credit Report Jingle and Car buying Reality by Monroe on a budget. When did lenders stop worrying about whether or not you can afford the proposed loan payment?
Thanks goes out to the Broke Grad Student for hosting this weeks carnival, and thank you for including my post about correcting errors on your credit report !